Ronaldo Hints At Juventus Exit With Cryptic Message

News Update
41
0
Juventus’ Portuguese forward Cristiano Ronaldo warms up prior to the Italian Serie A football match Bologna vs Juventus Turin on May 23, 2021 at the Renato-Dall’Ara stadium in Bologna.
ANDREAS SOLARO / AFP

 

Juventus forward, Cristiano Ronaldo has raised doubts about his future at the Old Lady with a cryptic Instagram message

Ronaldo set another career milestone over the weekend after becoming the first player to claim the highest scorer’s gong in three of Europe’s top five leagues – Premier League, La Liga, and Serie A.

With one year left on his Juventus contract, speculations had been pointing at him leaving the Italian giants if they missed out on a top-four finish for the Champions League spot.

The Portuguese took to his Instagram handle on Monday writing “The life and career of any top player are made of ups and downs. Year after year, we face fantastic teams, with extraordinary players and ambitious goals, so we always have to give our best to keep ourselves at excellence levels.”

Despite not featuring in Juventus last game of the season, which was a must-win, the 36-year-old emerged Serie A top scorer of the season with 29 goals, five more than closest rival Romelu Lukaku.

 

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Cristiano Ronaldo (@cristiano)

 

“With these achievements, I reached a goal that I had set myself since the first day I arrived in Italy: to win the Championship, the Cup, and the Super Cup, and also to be Best Player and Top Scorer in this great football country filled with tremendous players, giant clubs and very own football culture,” he said.

“I’ve already said that I don’t chase records, records chase me. For those who don’t understand what I mean by this, it’s very simple: football is a collective game, but it is through individual overcoming that we help our teams achieve their goals.”

“Thanks to everyone who took part in this journey! We stand together.”

Ronaldo is expected to engage in talks with the Juventus owners over his future

The five-time Ballon d’Or winner’s future is linked to Andrea Pirlo still controlling the reins at Turin next season

However, Pirlo’s position is still in doubt, who in an interview with  DAZN via Calciomercato insisted his major goal was to finish well, despite an unsuccessful defence of his team’s Serie A title.

“I don’t know, for me it was important to finish well the work started this summer, winning the Italian Cup and leading the team in the Champions League,” Pirlo said.

“We leave the words to those who have to decide in the future, I have always been 100% committed and this is the result. “

 

 

Facebook Comments

Comments are closed.